Boards and Board members (Directors) have a key role in providing the leadership and accountability that determine the long term success or failure of an organization.
The role of a Board member is particularly challenging, with the need to be independent of the management team and yet sufficiently well informed to challenge, scrutinize, manage risk, and govern the organization. In fact, Board members need to be among the highest functioning people in the whole organization.
In order for this to occur, Directors must be committed to both Board development (as a team) and the individual development of each Board member. A thriving and dynamic Board provides the leadership an organization needs to be successful and compete in this world marketplace.
Simply put, a learning Board is a growing Board and this leads to innovation and a higher competition level, while innovative and brilliant Boards clearly outperform their competition.
A Second Successful Project
Eclipse was great to work with, they facilitated the process and supported us every step of the way. We've completed a second successful project with them and we couldn't be happier with the results.
Jason - HR Manager MACL
Dynamic Board Building Series
- Leadership development for Boards
- Innovation for Boards
- Clarifying Board roles and responsibility
- Organizing and running an Leadership Board
- Proper Board structure
- Establishing vision, mission and values
- Setting strategy and structure
- Exercising responsibility to shareholders and other interested parties
- Dynamic Fundraising for Boards
- Capital Campaigns: Why? What? How!
- Annual evaluation of Board performance
- Annual appraisal of Director performance
- Protecting Directors and Boards from personal risk
- Ensuring compliance with Board best practices
- Improving strategic thinking and long term planning
- Competition: How Boards make organizational successful
- Accelerating new and prospective directors to a full contribution
- Essential knowledge needed by all Board Members
- Corporate governance and effective Board processes
- The skills and qualities of an effective Director
- Managing information and monitoring performance
- What is corporate governance?
- Reasons why corporate governance matters
- Board risks mitigation and reputation management
- Stakeholders and corporate responsibility
- Leveraging the organizations potential
- Leadership, direction and strategy